Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

We don't make too big of a deal around here when it comes to February 14th, but being in school the boys were excited about today.

They made sure to wear red today...Magnus too!

They made their own cards for teachers and classmates. I cut up heavy weight paper into 2x4 inch cards which they decorated with artwork and stickers. Erik drew a quick little picture on each, while Ivan took his time ( being the attention to detail artist that he is) and drew elaborate scenes and characters. He designed the cards to be a game that he is going to teach his classmates. They also brought in red lollipops to hand out.

I wanted to do something special for them so I attempted to make chocolate chip moose shaped pancakes with a cookie cutter. It was a disaster, my pan wasn't even so the batter leaked out of the mold and did not resemble any type of animal at all. So round chocolate chip pancakes it was ( which still earned me the title of best mommy ever from my little guys) and they enjoyed them immensely and felt special, which was the point anyways.

That wraps up the festivities for this holiday in our house. It is a half day today due to parent teacher conferences, so I'm looking forward to an afternoon spent with all my special boys.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment