Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Operation Colorado

It's been a busy couple of weeks!

We had a wonderful visit with my mom (Oma) and then took a quick but very fun trip out to Colorado to show the boys our new state and to do some house hunting.

I'm happy to say that we did secure a rental, we found a nice 3 bedroom townhouse right in downtown. It's very similar to our current townhouse ( a little larger!). I hadn't really envisioned city living when we moved but I'm getting really excited about it! Having access to public transportation and all sorts of festivals/museums definitely has its perks. Plus I can still do some container gardening on my patio.

The best part of our mini-trip was driving to Estes Park and showing the boys the mountains. They were awestruck as I was too! Amazingly beautiful!

On our drive back to the airport Ivan said he didn't want to leave because Colorado already feels like home. I agree! At one point driving back from the mountains my eyes welled up a bit....it feels like I finally found home for good.









No comments:

Post a Comment