Saturday, May 12, 2012

By Train

I love traveling by train. There is something so soothing about the sound of the track beneath the wheels and even the screeching as it pulls into the next station. Not to mention that it makes commuting so much easier, I don't have to concentrate on anything but my thoughts and the landscape speeding past the window.

My favorite time to ride the train is early in the morning, and rainy mornings especially. There is something so magical about the way the houses look in the dim light of a damp, windy morning. I often dream about the secrets the houses hold, the families they are keeping dry and warm, and I imagine the houses viewing the passing train as a sign that all is well, the train is on time.

While I could not get a photograph of the many houses I pass on my morning ride I did catch this old brick train station as we were pulling away. I think my favorite photograph in this set is the raindrops on the train window.





No comments:

Post a Comment